Wise County Animal Clinic offers FULL-SERVICE veterinary care and animal services in a professional environment for those who want the very best for their animals.
Our pet health philosophy starts with the very best in preventative care. Healthy pets need thorough physical exams and vaccinations in order to detect and prevent diseases at an early stage. Our preventative care plan includes our “Twice for Life” program for health check-ups along with annual dental cleanings, monthly heartworm prevention and annual vaccinations. With these simple steps, we can help save your pet’s life and add years of companionship for you and your family!
Wise County Animal Clinic also provides our own updated in-house laboratory with radiology and ultrasound capabilities. With the latest technology, our in-house laboratory allows our staff to monitor overall pet body health and offers an internal physical exam with results during your visit. With these accurate, quick results, we are able to catch illnesses at an early state in order to halt or reverse damage. Once a pet displays physical symptoms, 80% of the damage is done.
Our Services Include:
- Preventative Health and Wellness Programs
- Animal Hospital
- In – House Laboratory
- Dentistry (check-ups, cleanings & extractions)
- Radiology – X-Rays & Ultrasounds
- Diagnostic Blood Tests
- Nutritional & Supplemental Counseling
- Weight Loss Programs
- Veterinary Prescription Medication
- Pain Management
- Emergency Care
- Parasite Prevention & Control
- Surgical Procedures
Some of our clients prefer to leave their pets in our care while they are away from home. For this reason, we have limited boarding facilities. Our cages and runs are in a climate-controlled environment. For dogs, we also have outdoor, grassy runs where they can get a little sunshine and fresh air a couple of times a day. All pets must be current on vaccinations and will receive a flea bath/treatment upon arrival.
Lather Up Pups is a full-service pet groomer located inside the Wise County Animal Clinic. Lather Up Pups, a privately and proudly owned Grooming Salon that offers caring and professional grooming, is owned and operated by Ileana Nogueras. Ileana has over 20 years of educated grooming experience and is licensed and insured. They are not part of a franchise or chain and design your service according to your pets needs.
Grooming services are available Monday thru Friday, from 10am to 5pm, by appointment only. Services usually take from one to two hours, depending on the pets condition. They are closed on Weekends and major Holidays.
Ileana Nogueras, Groomer
- Member of The National Dog Groomers Association of America.
- Member of The Professional Cat Groomers Association of America
- Member of The Society of Holistic International Pet Stylists
- Licensed American Kennel Club Judge
- Nationally Certified Groomer (NDGAA)
- Former Grooming Instructor
- Certified REIKI II practitioner
Every dog will receive our comprehensive 12 point service program:
- Nail trimming and filing
- Ear cleaning (plucking by request only)
- 15 minutes of brushing
- Hydro massage bath and conditioning with top grade hypoallergenic products
- Towel dried and hand/fluff dried, never cage dried
- Hair cut to breed standard or owners choice of style
- Toothbrushing. Free toothbrush provided on first service, replacement brush available for a fee. Ask me about PlaqClnz….its amazing!
- Blueberry Facial scrub to greatly improve the eyes, mouth and face area
- Sanitary Trim
- Finishing touch with Bows, Bandanas, Bow Ties or Feathers.
- Skin inspection; we will report back any findings such as cuts, lumps, irritations, etc.
- Anal Gland expression (as long as we can do them externally)
Extra Services (Dogs Only)
- Pets with challenging behaviour ($15-30)
- Color enhancement treatmet for White, Black and Brown/Golden coats ($5-15)
- Flea & Tick Shampoo ($10-20)
- Dematting, 15 minutes max, if more is needed, dog probably needs to be shaved ($15-30); please understand that your pet doesn’t enjoy dematting any more than you would like someone pulling and tugging at your hair.
- Excessive Undercoat ($15-30)
- Nagayu CO2 spa bathing for pets ($10)
- Shedding control with task specific tools and products ($15-30)
- Shave down (ask for estimate)
- Medicated Bath ($10-20)
- Nail Trim for additional pets in household ($17)
- Degreasing – dog got under the car…again! ($20)
- PlaqClnz Dental Cleaning program, seeing is believing!
These services are provided to cats that are experienced with grooming and well behaved.
- Nail trimming
- Ear cleaning
- Trimming of problem areas, such as under tail and bib area.
- Bath with warm water and Cat only safe products (yes, there is a difference).
- Hand dried with towels and warm air. Never forced dried.
- Brush out, dematting if safe and cat cooperates (extra charge will apply)
- Lions cut (extra charge will apply)
Give your companion the experience of a clean environment, calm atmosphere and caring and professional grooming. Call her for an appointment: (940) 399-6569.
Want to learn more? Check out the Lather Up Pups Website.